Dannon Yogurt French Toast
So I promised you some more recipes from my Dannon Sunday brunch this week. I wanted to make lots of creative things with yogurt and settled on tasty french toast as one option. This is super simple. Instead of just soaking the bread in milk and eggs, I added some Dannon Activia Harvest Picks Mixed Berry Yogurt, which added an incredibly rich and creamy taste to the french toast. The tasty berry flavor also added a really tangy taste, which upgraded this from traditional french toast.
I made some healthy substitutions to a traditional french toast recipe. I used skim milk and no butter. Instead, I used olive oil cooking spray, which worked really nicely and created a crisp crust to the bread. At brunch I topped this with fresh berries mixed with some more yogurt and powdered sugar. It was a insanely decadent, yet light treat!
Read more for the full recipe!
1 loaf of pullman or challah style bread, sliced into 1-2" thick slices
2/3 cup skim milk
1 4oz container Dannon Activia Harvest Picks Mixed Berry Yogurt
Olive oil cooking spray
Step by Step Instructions:
1. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk together egg, yogurt and milk
2. Dredge each slice of bread in mixture, saturating both sides
3. Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray
4. Place two slices of bread in the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown
5. Flip and cook the other side
6. Repeat steps 2-5 until you have used all the bread slices
7. Serve warm with fresh berries and maple syrup