Friday, March 2, 2012

Mustard and Fennel Roasted Vegetables


I threw together this veggie side dish using some random ingredients from the fridge. I needed some veggies for my Lean on Lamb Supper Club, and wanted something low maintenance. So, I threw together the veggies I had in the fridge with some yummy fennel and tossed it all in a mustard vinaigrette. A few minutes in the oven and out came a simple but flavorful side dish that had some kick but did not overpower the main course. I'm keeping this short because it's Friday. HAPPY WEEKEND.


Ingredients:
3 cups cauliflower florets, washed and trimmed
3 cups of Brussels sprouts, stems removed, halved and washed
1 medium fennel bulb, washed and cut into 1" slices (reserve fronds)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. In a large baking dish, spread cauliflower, sprouts and fennel slices in a single layer
3. Whisk together oil, mustard and vinegar
4. Drizzle mixture over veggies and toss to coat thoroughly
5. Season with fennel seeds, salt and pepper
6. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until veggies are crisp and cooked through
7. Serve garnished with fennel fronds

13 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great side! It might have come about by chance, but it looks very carefully studied! Must be delicious!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM , Blogger SCK Recipes said...

Yummmm, this looks and sounds delish! And, I love the photo =) Thanks for sharing - have a great weekend!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Yummy said...

Ooh, I'm hesitant towards fennel, but you made this dish look so tasty that I may have to try it!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

There are so many veggies I will not touch if they are not roasted. The best way to prepare root veggies especially. You say this dish is a random assembly and I would say it is a creative and tasty recipe, yum!
Enjoy the weekend!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM , Blogger The Three Little Piglets said...

Quick and easy sides are my favorite! This has an awful lot of flavor for easy peasy too!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Happy Friday! This meal would go over well here. Looks positively scrumptious.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love quick and easy and the fact that this is delicious, too....YUM!

 
At March 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegetables are yummier, whenever its roasted :)

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com

 
At March 4, 2012 at 2:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some fennel in the fridge I was going to eat as a salad today, but your blog has me thinking I should roast them instead. :)

 
At March 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing! I'm anticipating quite a bit of fennel in our CSA share this year...what a wonderful way to serve it. Congratulations on top 9!

 
At March 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Suzi said...

Congrats on theTop 9. Great veggie ingredients, I like that roasted fennel too. The last time I bought a fennel I left it too long and it wnet bad. I hate when that happens, whih I had tried this. Hope you have a great day.

 
At March 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing - I love fennel and mustard, what a great way to roast veggies :) Love this, well deserved Top 9!

 
At March 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

This is beautiful! I eat all sorts of veggies roasted! I'll have to try this! :D

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home