Thursday, December 22, 2011

Roasted Green Beans with Fennel


Fennel is such a great and nutrition addition to any veggie dish. I have done a lot of things with fennel, but I've never roasted it. I decided it would be a great time to try with some tasty green beans. Simple and wholesome, this dish could not be easier to prepare. There is no excuse for not eating your veggies when they taste this good. After a crazy week of work, parties and holiday shopping, sometimes the best thing for you is some nice simple veggies.

UPDATE: My skillet lasagna made the Top 9 today!!!! Thanks to Ann for letting me know. Check it out here or click the sidebar ad.

Read more for the full recipe!


Ingredients:
1lb green beans, washed and trimmed
1 large fennel bulb, washed and sliced into chunks - Reserve the greens
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt
pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Slice the ends and the stalks off the fennel bulb
2. Slice fennel into 1-2" wide chunks
3. Toss fennel, green beans and olive oil in a baking dish until coated
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste
5. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until crisp but cooked through
6. Serve with chopped fennel greens

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At December 23, 2011 at 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks good! I've never been a fan of fennel, but I've also never roasted it! Congrats on Top 9 for your skillet lasagna!

 
At December 23, 2011 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous Eva kitcheninspirations.wordpress.com said...

Contrary to Ann, I adore fennel (hide the black Liquorice too!) particularly roasted fennel. One of my favourite restaurants in Toronto serves grilled calamari with a little fennel salad and mango drizzle, it is sooooo good!

 
At December 23, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Haus of Style said...

These look so good and healthy, thanks for sharing.

Happy Holidays to you as well!

 
At December 23, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Jocie's Mom said...

Oooooh! Look at you making fennel sound sexy! This is a great holiday veg :)

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home