Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Menu: Roasted Squash Salad



With Thanksgiving coming up this week, I wanted to share a healthy and simple salad recipe that will compliment any menu. This salad combines lots of fabulous fall produce for a colorful and impressive starter. It features my favorite, delicata squash. This creamy, slightly sweet variety tastes fabulous roasted with some olive oil. Here, it is the centerpiece of an arugula salad topped with some fresh pomegranate seeds and walnuts. It is a colorful, flavorful and most importantly healthy way to start your holiday feast.

This recipe is featured in my new holiday cookbook, Gen Y Foodie Holidays, which is currently available on Amazon


You can get some more details about the book here.

Full recipe after the jump!


INGREDIENTS:

2 medium delicata  squash
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
8 cups of arugula, washed
1 medium pomegranate, seeded
1 tbsp pomegranate juice
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ cup raw walnuts, chopped

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 425. 
2. Cut squah in half and remove seeds. 
3. Chop into ½” wide half moon slices. 
4. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and roast until soft, approximately 20-25 minutes.
5. While squash cools, plate salads. 
6. Place 1 cup of arugula, some squash slices, and 1 tbsp of pomegranate seeds and 1 tbsp of walnuts on each salad.
7. Whisk together juice, oil and vinegar and drizzle on each salad.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM , Blogger MyFudo™ said...

Unique combination but definitely very Thanksgiving-y in terms of flavor...Will definitely try. Thanks for posting!

 
At November 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Oh my goodness this looks so good. I love the look of this one. Bet this tastes incredible.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home