Delicata Squash Rings
I LOVE delicata squash. It is everywhere this time of year and there are many delicious ways to enjoy it. It is also called the sweet potato squash, because of its creamy, sweet texture. I like it best totally plain, just sliced into rings and roasted with some salt and pepper. It has edible, thin skin which crisps beautifully in the oven. Just slice, toss with some olive oil and serve. It is a great seasonal side dish and so incredibly simple and quick to whip up.
Read more for the full recipe!
2 medium delicata squash, scrubbed
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Slice ends off squash
3. Slice squash into 1" rings
4. Using a spoon, scoop seeds out of each ring
5. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper
6. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the rings start to crisp
7. Serve with chopped parsley