Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Delicata Squash Rings


I LOVE delicata squash. It is everywhere this time of year and there are many delicious ways to enjoy it. It is also called the sweet potato squash, because of its creamy, sweet texture. I like it best totally plain, just sliced into rings and roasted with some salt and pepper. It has edible, thin skin which crisps beautifully in the oven. Just slice, toss with some olive oil and serve. It is a great seasonal side dish and so incredibly simple and quick to whip up.

Read more for the full recipe!


Ingredients:
2 medium delicata squash, scrubbed
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt
pepper
parsley

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425

2. Slice ends off squash

3. Slice squash into 1" rings

4. Using a spoon, scoop seeds out of each ring

5. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper

6. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the rings start to crisp

7. Serve with chopped parsley

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must be one of the prettiest recipes I have ever seen! :) Great post, thank you!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Anonymous Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

What a great idea! I always get so tired of mashed squash, and pureed soups. Love this!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous Colleen said...

Scouring your blog for a fall menu and WOW. LOVE THESE!! Excited to try them this Sunday!!

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home