Thursday, November 10, 2011

Curried Cauliflower and Chickpeas



As a recovering cauliflower-hater, I am enjoying coming up with new ways to enjoy it. Here is a laughable simple variation, that is both simple and super healthy. Combining chickpeas and cauliflower is a great way to whip up a protein and fiber packed dinner. Curry powder provides fabulous flavor without added calories or fat. Dry roasting the chickpeas bring out their natural flavor and compliments the smoky curry and paprika. Finish with parsley and serve with some brown rice or nan. Perfect to spice up a boring weeknight.



Ingredients:
1 large head of cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
optional: brown rice or warm nan
optional: parsley for garnish


Step by Step Instructions:


1. Preheat oven to 425

2. In a roasting pan, mix cauliflower, chickpeas, onion and garlic

3. Drizzle with olive oil and then season with curry powder and paprika

4. Toss the mixture until thoroughly coated

5. Roast for 20-22 minutes, until cauliflower begins to crisp

6. Serve with brown rice or warm nan

7. Garnish with parsley

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At November 11, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Allison said...

wow, that looks very yummy!

 
At November 11, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Sarah Lienard said...

Mmm, this looks lovely! I'm always eating chickpeas, so it's great to see some new ways to make them. Thanks for adding me on Foodbuzz, I'm just having a look round your blog and everything looks delicious!

 
At November 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Dara - this looks really lovely. I'm going to try your recipe tomorrow. :)

 
At November 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous Stephie @ Eat Your Heart Out said...

Hmm, I have never roasted cauliflower - maybe that is why I have never been super-crazy-in-love with it? I do LOVE chickpeas (my friends and family kind of tease me about how much I love them, actually), so this might be a good recipe for me to try. Also, I love anything that packs in awesome protein and fiber in one dish without meat!!

 
At November 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the menu for this week!

 
At November 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Anonymous Amanda said...

This looks delicious! I think you'll really enjoy my recipe for curried cauliflower apple mash... check it out here: http://bit.ly/curriedcauliflowerappmash

Thanks!

 
At November 12, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I loves cauliflower but never had a chicpeas before, this this looks yummy in a curry style! ;)

 
At November 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Meg said...

Mmm! This is something I really need to make. Chickpeas and cauliflower are two of my most favorite foods. Thank you for sharing!!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM , Anonymous Jenny @ Savour the Senses said...

Gorgeous color and photos! I love curried cauliflower!

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home