Monday, November 7, 2011

Tilapia Piccata


Tilapia is such a versatile, lean fish. It is safely farmed, so there are no health or environmental concerns, and it's usually available year round. It is the perfect lean protein to build a tasty meal around. I decided to use tasty lemons and capers to make tilapia piccata. This recipe is as lean and simple as possible, no butter or excess salt and it cooks up in just a few minutes. The perfect last minute dinner.

Read more for the full recipe!

Ingredients:
1lb fresh tilapia filets, rinsed and patted dry
1 large lemon, sliced into 1/2" slices
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup capers
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
salt
pepper
optional: parsley

Step by Step Instructions:


1. Preheat oven to 350

2. In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil

3. Season tilapia with salt and pepper

4. Carefully place each filet into the skillet, and brown on each side for 1 minute

5. Remove tilapia

6. Add garlic, capers, lemon and white wine to the skillet, cook on med heat until slightly reduced, 5-6 minutes

7. Add fish back to skillet, carefully spoon sauce mixture over filets

8. Place skilled into the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until sauce starts to bubble

9. Serve with parsley

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At November 8, 2011 at 3:38 PM , Blogger mjskit said...

Always looking for a good talapia recipe. I'm not too crazy about the fish, but sometimes, that's all I can find. This recipe looks like it would satisfy my palette! Thanks for sharing.

 
At November 9, 2011 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Kitchen Simmer said...

What a beautiful and healthy dish. I love the flavor of lemon with fish. Perfectly done! :)

 
At November 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous Greg said...

Such a great way to prepare white fish. I do this sort of thing with catfish, because I'm in a state where it's common. Anyway, I love capers!

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home