Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tasty Roasted Broccoli


I rarely feature broccoli on the blog, because, well... it's broccoli. Boring. Filled with vitamins, but sort of boring. So I decided to jazz it up a bit. Roasting brings out the natural flavor and sweetness. Tossed with tangy lemon and crunch walnuts, it is far from boring. Walnuts add healthy omega-3's B vitamins, and protein. Also, recent research suggests eating walnuts can help improve memory and cognitive function.

Read more for the full recipe.

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes

Ingredients:
1lb of broccoli, washed and cut info florets
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 lemon, cut into chunks
1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350

2. In a roasting pan, toss broccoli, olive oil and garlic, until coated

3. Add lemon juice, lemon wedges and walnuts

4. Season with salt and pepper

5. Roast, uncovered for 20 minutes, until broccoli is crisp and browned.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Alissa said...

This was SO good! I made it last night & my husband & I both loved it. This is going in to my regular rotation.

 
At May 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Daphne Elliot said...

Yay! I am so happy you enjoyed it. This is a regular staple in my house as it's a tasty way to eat some healthy veggies.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home