Monday, May 2, 2011

Raspberry-Pineapple Chia Popsicles


I love spring! Now that the temperature has hit 60 I am already seeing shorts and flip flops everywhere. Not too shabby for a month that started off with a snow storm! I love popsicles, they are a healthy summer treat. I got some popsicle molds at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $3.99 and decided to whip up some healthy treats. These pops are filled with yummy fruit and healthy chia seeds. Packed with nutrients and fiber, it's a great, low calorie treat.

Full recipe after the jump.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Freeze Time: 1-2 hours

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen pineapple 
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup water

Step by Step Instructions:
1. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients


2. Pour mixture into popsicle molds, and freeze

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 3, 2011 at 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you use raw or roasted chia seeds? Thanks in advance.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home