Thursday, April 28, 2011

Raw Asparagus Salad


I love fresh spring asparagus! It's crisp, tasty and packed with vitamins. I decided to give it a try raw after the success of my raw bok choy salad a few weeks back. This salad is super simple and filled with flavor. Shaved raw asparagus is "cooked" slightly by the lemon juice and softened by the shaving. Mixed with some sweet onion and topped with salty parmesan it is a sophisticated and healthy salad.

Full recipe after the jump.

Prep Time: 10-15 min

Ingredients:
1lb raw asparagus, washed
1/2 cup sliced vidalia onion
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
parmesan cheese
black pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Snap ends of asparagus spears

2. With a veggie peeler or mandolin, gently peel each asparagus spear

3. Shave all spears and add chopped tips

4. Toss asparagus with onion, lemon juice, and olive oil

5. Top with black pepper and parmesan and serve

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

Gorgeous ribbons of asparagus!

 
At May 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Blogger PolaM said...

Wow this looks awesome! I will have to buy asparagus ASAP!!

 
At October 27, 2011 at 2:44 AM , Blogger Kimmi said...

Is Parmesan cheese raw??

 
At November 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM , Blogger Vanilla Moment said...

Great Idea! Never thought of sliced asparagus before.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home