Raw Asparagus Salad
I love fresh spring asparagus! It's crisp, tasty and packed with vitamins. I decided to give it a try raw after the success of my raw bok choy salad a few weeks back. This salad is super simple and filled with flavor. Shaved raw asparagus is "cooked" slightly by the lemon juice and softened by the shaving. Mixed with some sweet onion and topped with salty parmesan it is a sophisticated and healthy salad.
Full recipe after the jump.
Prep Time: 10-15 min
1lb raw asparagus, washed
1/2 cup sliced vidalia onion
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Snap ends of asparagus spears
2. With a veggie peeler or mandolin, gently peel each asparagus spear
3. Shave all spears and add chopped tips
4. Toss asparagus with onion, lemon juice, and olive oil
5. Top with black pepper and parmesan and serve