Monday, May 23, 2011

Blueberry Chia Mini-Muffins


I went on a bit of a muffin making binge this weekend. These little treats are tasty and packed with filling protein and fiber. Best of all, they have only 53 calories each! Filled with oat bran and antioxidant-rich chia seeds, these muffins are energizing and filling. You can eat them for breakfast or a snack. I made a huge batch and then froze them. You can defrost in the microwave in 30 seconds.

Read more for the full recipe.

Ingredients:
(makes 30 mini-muffins)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat bran
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2/3 cup frozen wild blueberries
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup skim milk
1 egg
2 tbsp honey
3 tsp splenda brown sugar blend
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350

2. In a small bowl, mix flour, bran, baking powder and baking soda, set aside

3. Whisk together yogurt, milk, egg, honey, splenda, chia seeds and vanilla extract

4. Fold dry ingredients into wet

5. Mix in blueberries

6. Place approx one tablespoon of mixture into greased mini-muffin tins

7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until knife comes out clean

Nutrition Info: makes 30 muffins
Per Muffin:
53 Calories
1.8g Protein
2g Fiber

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home