Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Radish, Cucumber and Apple Salad


Radishes are members of the cruciferous vegetable family and are packed with vitamin C, calcium, potassium and folic acid. Seeing the cute bunches in the store inspired me to create a crunchy spring salad that would highlight these adorable veggies. I decided to add tart apples and crunchy cucumbers and create a simple honey mustard vinaigrette. This was a surprisingly filling salad, and next time I think I will add some grilled shrimp.

Full recipe after the jump.
Prep Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
(makes 2 servings)
1 medium apple, washed and sliced
5 radishes, washed and sliced
1/2 an english cucumber, cut into thin slices
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp stone ground mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Toss sliced apples, radishes and cucumbers together

2. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and black pepper together

3. Toss salad with dressing and serve immediately

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Anonymous 1kimkelly@gmail.com said...

This has my husband's name all over it!! He's a sucker for cucumber and radish. Nicely done!

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home