Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chicken Caesar Kale Wraps


I haven't put many sandwiches on the blog yet, so I figured I would start with my favorite. Chicken caesar wraps are delicious, quick and healthy. Unlike traditional caesar salad, which is packed with calories and fat, this version is lighter and filled with vitamins. The key is using a low calorie or light caesar dressing. I prefer Newman's Own, but Annie's makes a great version as well. This is a quick and easy dinner that can be put together in minutes. I have substituted kale for traditional romaine for a boost of Vitamin A, iron, calcium, B Vitamins and antioxidants. I also added some grated parmesan for flavor and ground flaxseed for the omega 3's. You can cook the chicken however you like, I prefer to season it with some black pepper, cayenne and garlic powder and grill it on my George Foreman.

Full recipe and photos after the jump.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Assembly Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
(makes 4 sandwiches)
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
6 cups raw kale, washed, chopped and stems removed
4 whole wheat tortillas or wraps
2 tbsp grated parmesean cheese
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1/4 cup low fat or low calorie ceasar salad dressing (I like Newman's Own)

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Grill or bake chicken breast and chop into 1-2" pieces and allow to cool

2. Wash and chop kale into 2" ribbons

3. In a medium bowl, toss kale, dressing, cheese and flax together.

4. Place tortilla on plate, fill with 1 cup kale mixture and top with chicken slices.

5. Roll and serve!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home