Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mustard Green Beans


This is a quick and easy way to add veggies to any meal. Low in calories and high in flavor, this dish is just one of many ways to cook this versatile veggie. Green beans are an excellent source of antioxidants and bone building Vitamin K, calcium and phosphorous.

Full recipe after the jump.

Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes

Ingredients:
1lb green beans, washed and trimmed
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp stone ground mustard

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Blanche beans in boiling water for 3 minutes

2. Rinse in cold water to stop them from cooking further

3. Sautee beans in olive oil until they start to crisp

4. Mix beans with mustard and continue to sautee 2-3 minutes

5. Serve

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM , Blogger skoraq cooks said...

what a perfect side dish :-)

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home