Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins


I love muffins on a Sunday morning with my coffee. The problem is that most muffins are packed with butter and sugar and tons of calories. This recipe is not just easy to make, it's incredibly healthy as well. Each muffin has only 88 calories and 3 grams of protein and fiber. These are an energizing breakfast or pre-workout snack. Best of all they take less than 30 minutes to make.


Full recipe after the jump.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oat bran
1 egg
2/3 cup skim milk
12oz canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp splenda brown sugar blend
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Mix dry ingredients - oats, flour, oat bran, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg

3. Mix wet ingredients - egg, milk, pumpkin, honey, splenda

4. Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients gently

5. Mix gently

6. Pour mixture into greased muffin tins

7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean

Nutrition Info: per muffin
88 Calories
3.2g Protein
3g Fiber

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm sounds delish! just a question- how many muffins does the recipe make?

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home