Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fennel, Apple and Arugula Salad


This is a quick and tasty salad that looks and tastes great. Spicy arugula and fennel pair beautifully with a crisp apple. Use any variety you like, I used braeburn for its sweetness, but other varieties will add differently to the dish. The key to this salad is to dress it very lightly. Since the three ingredients all have strong tastes, it is important that the dressing not distract from the flavors and textures. I just whisked up a simple vinaigrette.

Full recipe after the jump.

Ingredients:
3 cups of arugula, washed
1 medium head of fennel, washed and sliced thinly
1 medium apple, sliced thinly

Dressing:
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp champagne vinegar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp honey

Instructions:
1. Assemble salad
2. Whisk together dressing
3. Serve!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 30, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Michele said...

Thanks for the comment! I like your blog - im working on setting mine up to be a little easier to get around! Looks like we like a lot of the same foods, ill keep reading :)

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home