Thursday, April 7, 2011

Linguine with Asparagus and Bacon


Usually, Craig is the only person who eats what I cook. So it's always a treat to be able to cook for a crowd, particularly when I get to do so in a kitchen far roomier and nicer than my own. Despite our April 1st snow storm, spring is on it's way and the presence of fresh asparagus is a great reminder of that.  Tossed with some bacon, lemon and pasta, it's a light dish that is full of flavor. Topped with lots of black pepper and some parmesan, it's a satisfying dinner that makes plenty of leftovers.

Full recipe and photos after the jump.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 6-8

Ingredients:
1lb whole wheat linguine
1lb asparagus, washed trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
1/4 lb bacon, I used applewood smoked
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp olive oil
black pepper
parmesan cheese

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions

2. Sautee garlic, onion and bacon in olive oil 3-5 minutes, until soft

3. Add asparagus and cook med-low for 8-10 minutes, until asparagus spears are cooked

4. Add lemon juice, chicken broth and black pepper to taste

5. Toss with linguine and cook an additional 3-5 minutes

6. Serve and top with grated parmesan

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Auntie linda said...

My 78 year old mom made this and she and my 83 year old dad fought for the last spoonful. Very tasty.

 
At August 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Tracey said...

I stumbled upon this blog on my quest for good HEALTHY recipes and BOOM here it is!! Couldn't decide on which recipe to make first so Thursday will be the Linguine w/Asparagus and Bacon and Friday will be the Calamari Salad! Thanks and I plan on making many recipes you have posted! Perhaps I will post back with the results.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home