Monday, February 14, 2011

Kale and Fennel Salad


I had some leftover fennel and decided to create a simple salad using my favorite leafy green veggie. I got a fabulous gift today: persian lime olive oil and honey ginger balsamic vinegar. I decided to mix them to make a tangy citrus dressing for this simple salad. Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) are packed with B Vitamins, calcium, zinc and phosphorous and add crunch.

Full recipe after the jump

Makes 2 Servings

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped kale, washed and trimmed
1/2 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
black pepper

Dressing:
(I used my new oil and vinegar, but here's a quick version you can whip up)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp vinegar, white wine or champagne
1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp lime juice

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Combine kale, fennel, and pumpkin seeds
2. Toss thoroughly with dressing
3. Serve with black pepper

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home