Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brussels Sprout Hash



I love all variations of hash and am constantly trying to figure out new ways to put together this tasty dish. I just concocted this fabulous version that can be a great dinner or an impressive weekend brunch. Topped with poached eggs, its a complete and filling meal.

Full recipe after the jump!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb Brussels sprouts, washed and chopped (see photo)
1 medium red onion, sliced on the grain
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 strips of uncooked bacon, uncured is best, diced
6 eggs
optional: 1/2 lb red potatoes, washed and cubed
2 tbsp white vinegar
salt and pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Chop Brussels sprouts, cut in half and slice

2. In a cast iron skillet, sauté garlic, onion and diced bacon until veggies are soft

3. Add Brussels sprouts and sauté until sprouts turn bright green and start to brown, about 10-12 minutes

4. While sprouts are cooking, poach eggs

5. Serve sprouts with poached eggs and salt and pepper


Nutrition Info:
373 Calories
26g Protein
6.5g Fiber

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 5:44 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Just the other day I was wondering what to do with Brussels sprouts - I see this one is great idea :-)! Thanks a lot

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home