Friday, February 11, 2011

Quinoa Caprese Salad


I love caprese salad. Its simple, fresh and delicious. Paired with quinoa, this makes a complete meal. The key is to dress this salad very lightly, too much balsamic will interfere with the delicate flavors. I used smoked mozzerella for flavor and English cucumber for crunch. This is a healthy dinner that can be prepared in less than 15 minutes! Try it tonight.

Recipe and photos after the jump!

Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:


1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced
1 english cucumber, sliced
6 oz fresh mozzerella cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Black pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions, cool
2. Chop and slice veggies and cheese, add to quinoa
3. Toss mixture with olive oil, vinegar and black pepper
4. Serve!

Nutrition Info: Serves 4
320 Calories
12g Protein
3.5g Fiber

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home