Thursday, February 10, 2011

Skillet Pork Chops


I love my cast iron skillet! It's incredibly versatile and easy to clean. Since we don't have a grill, it's great for quickly cooking meat. I whipped up these pork chops in 15 minutes and they were juicy and flavorful. I just put together a quick spice rub consisting of whatever I have on hand. Here, I used cayenne pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley, red pepper flakes and sea salt. Rosemary or thyme work as well. 

Recipe and photos after the jump.


Prep Time
: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 minutes

Ingredients:
Cast Iron Skillet
1lb boneless center cut pork chops
1 tbsp olive oil
Spice rub for the meat

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat over to 350

2. Grease skillet with olive oil and place into the oven while it preheats

3. Rub chops with spices

4. Sear chops on skillet and place into the over, cook 6-7 minutes each side

5. Meat is cooked when juices run clear

6. Serve with hot sauce. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home