Saturday, February 12, 2011

Green Beans with Fennel and Almonds


This quick and nutritious side dish takes about 15 minutes total to make. Its packed with Vitamin C, fiber, folate, and B vitamins. The spicy taste of the fennel compliments the beans and the almonds add crunch. Yum!

Full recipe after the jump.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes


Ingredients:


1lb green beans, trimmed and washed
1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp slivered almonds
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Black pepper
Optional: goat cheese

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Blanch beans for 4 minutes in boiling water and rinse with cold

2. Sautee garlic and fennel in olive oil until soft, 5 minutes

3. Add beans and almonds and toss thoroughly

4. Sautee for 2-3 minutes

5. Serve with crumbled goat cheese

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home