Farmer's Market and Monday Links!
As I've mentioned many times, I am very lucky to have a fabulous farmer's market within walking distance of my home. I have been counting down the weeks until the 2012 market opened. I've been hoping to start experimenting with video on the site so I thought this would be a great opportunity to try it out. The following video is a little rough around the edges, so be kind.
My wonderful friend Rachelle, who is an amazing artist, hockey player and all around human being, came down for the day and agreed to video tape my farmer's market excursion. Unfortunately we experienced torrential downpours, which put a bit of a damper on the morning. Undeterred, we soldiered on like the hearty New Englanders that we are. The resulting video is not quite what I was hoping for, but it will give you a glimpse of the Union Square Farmer's Market and what it has to offer. I will be visiting this market weekly until Thanksgiving and everything I find will likely make its way onto this website.
We picked up:
- Chipotle Chili Dark Chocolate from Taza Chocolate. Their factory is around the corner from my apartment. I need to get there to take the tour!
- A beautiful free-range whole chicken as well as some smoked bacon from Stillman's Turkey Farm
- Some handmade string cheese and roasted garlic buratta from Fiore Di Nonno, made that morning in Somerville.
- Fresh sweet peas, French breakfast radishes and cilantro at Mass Audobon's Drumlin Farm
- Baby bok choy, cherry radishes, and kale from Parker Farm
- Rosemary onion foccacia and whole wheat bagels from Iggy's Bread of the World
So. Onto the video. As you can see, it was pouring, so the sound is a bit off. In addition, this was my first attempt at editing and putting something like this together. I am planning on creating a few more videos in the coming weeks to supplement the recipes and other content on this site. Please let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like to see! NOTE: I am wearing the purple raincoat.
One of the best things about being a food blogger is getting to know all the other brilliant cooks there who consistently make delicious things. Here are some recent posts that caught my eye. Can you tell I have dessert on the brain??
- Coconut Creme Mini Cheesecakes from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Avocado Creme Brulee from AHC at Healthy Foodie Travels
- Coffee Hazlenut Muffins (WITH frosting!) at Baker Street
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from Jen at Three Little Piglets
- Pistachio Pretzel Chocolate Chip cookies from Home Skillet