Monday, June 4, 2012

Farmer's Market and Monday Links!


As I've mentioned many times, I am very lucky to have a fabulous farmer's market within walking distance of my home. I have been counting down the weeks until the 2012 market opened. I've been hoping to start experimenting with video on the site so I thought this would be a great opportunity to try it out. The following video is a little rough around the edges, so be kind.

My wonderful friend Rachelle, who is an amazing artist, hockey player and all around human being, came down for the day and agreed to video tape my farmer's market excursion. Unfortunately we experienced torrential downpours, which put a bit of a damper on the morning. Undeterred, we soldiered on like the hearty New Englanders that we are. The resulting video is not quite what I was hoping for, but it will give you a glimpse of the Union Square Farmer's Market and what it has to offer. I will be visiting this market weekly until Thanksgiving and everything I find will likely make its way onto this website. 

We picked up:

So. Onto the video. As you can see, it was pouring, so the sound is a bit off. In addition, this was my first attempt at editing and putting something like this together. I am planning on creating a few more videos in the coming weeks to supplement the recipes and other content on this site. Please let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like to see! NOTE: I am wearing the purple raincoat.



One of the best things about being a food blogger is getting to know all the other brilliant cooks there who consistently make delicious things. Here are some recent posts that caught my eye. Can you tell I have dessert on the brain??

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At June 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Jennifer Kendall said...

sounds like you picked up some super delicious things at the market - that roasted garlic burrata sounds amazing! i can't believe you have a chocolate factory basically in your backyard - so jealous! thanks for the shout out Dara :)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Foodie Stuntman said...

You know, going to a farmer's market during inclimate weather seems to be a good idea cuz you have the whole place to yourself! Thank you for highlighting other bloggers, but when will you include me? hahaha

 
At June 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Ours opens in two weeks. I can barely wait. I'm getting all twitchy waiting it out. Love Farmer's Markets. Plus it return Farm Fresh Fridays, so whoo to the hoo.

Awe shucks, thanks for choosing my cheesecakes. I was so stunned when I saw that. You are such a sweetie.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM , Blogger CJ - Food Stories said...

Oh you poor thing ... the weather was horrid in that video ... hopefully the next one will be better :-)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer about the rain, but cool video nevertheless! I can't wait to check out that farmer's market...hopefully next weekend!

 
At June 5, 2012 at 3:57 AM , Blogger Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

Geez the weather looks set to kill! I hope next visit will be much better!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home