Saturday, March 31, 2012

Raspberry Mango Salsa




So I have been a very bad blogger this week. It turned out to be one of those week's where all my good intentions went out the window and I didn't post. Well I am going to make it up to you with a delicious and simple weekend recipe.

For me, spring means color. Fresh tasty fruits and veggies, beautiful blooming flowers and warm sunshine. Unfortunately it's 39 degrees out right now, but as my mom taught me, it's the thought that counts. So, I wanted to create something colorful and delicious. I had a perfectly ripe mango and wanted to take advantage so I threw together this yummy raspberry mango salsa. I was thrilled by how tasty it was. Despite the sweetness of the mango, the other flavors come together to create a really complex and tangy taste.

I served this with some salty blue corn tortilla chips, but I am kicking myself for not trying this with some nice grilled fish or chicken. This low calorie salsa is also low in sodium and packed with vitamins and minerals. You must give it a try. I think I might start taking it to parties, if I can resist eating the whole bowl!

Read more for the full recipe!


Ingredients:
1 medium mango, peeled and diced
1 6 oz container of raspberries, rinsed and chopped in half
1 jalepeno, washed and minced
1/4 cup red onion, minced
juice of 1/2 lime
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, washed and chopped


Step by Step Instructions:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss together
2. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow flavors to combine
3. Serve and Enjoy!!!


17 Comments:

At March 31, 2012 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Pop of colors! Gorgeous!

 
At March 31, 2012 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! What a bright and happy salsa :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

 
At April 1, 2012 at 12:56 AM , Blogger Note Etc. said...

the color is so fantastic and refreshing..! and that really describe spring season

cheers

 
At April 1, 2012 at 4:39 AM , Blogger Baker Street said...

Vibrant and colorful! Love the flavors and the colors.

 
At April 1, 2012 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That salsa looks wonderfully fruity!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Margaret Murphy Tripp said...

Stunning photos! You really captured the colors and textures. It looks so juicy and delicious, I could dive right in! Congrats on the Top 9!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Margaret Murphy Tripp said...

After further thought, I believe I will serve this with my Easter dinner! Thanks for the recipe!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Sandra Lee said...

Congrats on Top 9!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Brian Samuels Photography said...

What a lovely flavorful salad. This can brighten up even the most dismal spring day.

 
At April 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Suzi said...

A perfect salsa, raspberries and mangos. Beautiful colors. I'm making this. Congrats on the Top 9.

 
At April 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Such vibrant colors!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Blogger lacyd said...

Oh wow this is so gorgeous!! I'd eat this with a spoon, it looks so fantastic! I love the raspberry/mango combo, I absolutely have to try this. Sounds so refreshing & light!

Just wanted to let you know that I've given you & your blog an award. http://nycityeats.com/wordpress/4640/smores-mug-cake-versatile-blogger-awards/ Feel free to NOT follow the rules (ha!), just wanted to let you know that you've got a fantastic blog & I really enjoy reading it!
-Lacy @ NYCityEats.com

 
At April 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Jennifer Kendall said...

this is a seriously beautiful salsa! i love it, totally making it next time i pick up raspberries!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I'm glad you're cooking like it's spring even though it got so cold out!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM , Blogger SkinnyMommy said...

This salsa looks so wonderfully springy-yum!

 
At April 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a delicious looking salsa! Love the raspberries. And, no worries about no blogging for a week. I'm taking it easy this week because I have family in town. Real life first!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Debs @ The Spanish Wok said...

Fab, will try this with strawbs instead of rasps LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home