Thanksgiving Links and Gourmet
Happy Thanksgiving! I am so excited for the long weekend, the yummy food, and bringing home Archer, the newest edition to our family! Craig is picking him up today, so check back tonight and I'll post some photos of him. He is too cute.
Also: I was lucky enough to be Gourmet's Image of the Day again! Check it out at the GourmetLive blog.
I adore Gourmet, so I'm really honored they chose my photo of delicata squash rings. That is such a yummy recipe, I actually picked up a ton of delicata squash last night to eat on Turkey Day.
One of the surprising benefits of blogging is that I have made a bunch of wonderful blogger friends. Reading other food blogs, commenting and emailing with other bloggers for tips and inspiration is a wonderful gift. I wanted to link to some amazing Thanksgiving recipes I found this week. So check them out and leave them some comment love!
- My friend Ann over at Cooking Healthy For Me did some yummy Brussels sprouts with grapes!
- Running to the Kitchen featured the most amazing pumpkin goat cheese dip - I can't wait to try this.
- I love bread pudding and couldn't resist this wild mushroom bread pudding from The Curvy Carrot
- For dessert, try these skinny pumpkin pie cups from my girl Kelly over at Eat Yourself Skinny
- Thanksgiving can also be a great time to gather details about your family health history - WashPo
- Check out this Thanksgiving Cheat Sheet to help you determine portion sizes - HuffPo
- Turkey cooking tips - Mayo Clinic