Grilled Carrots and Radishes
I love experimenting with the grill. Over the past few days we have grilled chicken wings, foccacia, and a variety of veggies. On Saturday, I experienced the Union Square Farmer's Market for the first time. I was blown away by the variety of local produce, meats, cheese and bread. Needless to say, I was inspired to try a few new things. I was particularly excited by the huge radishes I found.
This is an incredibly simple way to prepare veggies and looks and tastes great. Full disclosure: I only prepped these dishes, Grillmaster Craig oversaw the cooking.
Read more for the full recipe!
1lb fresh carrots with stems, washed and peeled
1lb fresh radishes with stems, washed
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat gas or charcoal grill
2. Slice radishes in half lengthwise
3. Place washed radishes in a glass dish or mixing bowl and toss with oil and garlic
4. Add carrots and toss to coat all the vegetables
5. Season liberally with salt and pepper
6. Grill on med-low heat until lightly charred, 5-8 minutes