Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Garlic Ginger Broccoli


So in my quest to make broccoli exciting, I decided to concoct an Asian-inspired version that uses my current obsession: fresh ginger. This recipe is healthy, simple and takes 5-10 minutes to make. I has a lot of flavor with minimal calories and is a convenient side dish to whip up on a busy night.

Read more for the full recipe

Ingredients:
1lb broccoli, washed and cut into florets
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp water

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Add broccoli, oil and water to a medium pan and cook, covered on med heat for 2-3 minutes

2. In a food processor, blend garlic, ginger and soy sauce until it has a paste consistency

3. Toss broccoli with garlic-ginger sauce

4. Cook on med heat to your desired level of doneness, 4-6 minutes

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 28, 2012 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Kate xxx said...

this looks delicious! I'm going to make it for lunch today.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home