Friday, February 18, 2011

Quinoa with Broccoli and Artichoke Hearts


This tasty recipe takes minutes to whip up and can be a side dish or a main course. Artichokes are loaded with fiber, Vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and magnesium. They add a great deal of flavor to this filling, antioxidant-packed dish.

Full recipe and photos after the jump.

Prep Time: 2-5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa, dry (I used red, but you can also use white or black)
2 cups broccoli, washed and chopped
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup veggie broth
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions

2. While quinoa cooks, sautee garlic in olive oil

3. Add broccoli and artichoke hearts and sautee for 2-3 minutes

4. Add veggie broth, season with salt, pepper and cayenne

5. Cover and steam on low for 4 minutes until broccoli is bright green and most of broth is absorbed.

6. Mix thoroughly with quinoa and serve.

Nutrition Info: 4 servings
237 Calories
8.5g Protein
5g Fiber

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this sounds so good! All three main ingredients are my favorite! I've got to make this.
Thanks for posting it.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home