Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pomegranate-Balsamic Glazed Carrots



These carrots make a tasty and quick side dish that is both delicious and impressive. I was lucky enough to receive some fantastic pomegranate balsamic vinegar as a gift, so I decided to put it to use. The tangy balsamic mixes with the sweetness of the honey and a touch of spicy cayenne to create a complex and unique dish. It's easy to whip up a pomegranate balsamic mixture of your own.  I urge you to give this one a try.

Recipe and photos after the jump.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes


Ingredients:
1lb carrots (I used rainbow carrots)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup pomegranate balsamic vinegar
(or 2 tbsp balsamic mixed with 2 tbsp pomegranate juice)
1 tsp raw honey
cayenne pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Wash, peel and chop carrots into sticks of equal thickness

2. Grease cast iron skillet with olive oil

3. Brown carrots in skillet for 5-7 minutes, until they are crisp

4. Mix honey with pomegranate balsamic mixture

5. Cook carrots on medium for 10 minutes, as sauce thickens and begins to evaporate.

6. Season with cayenne pepper

Nutrition Info: Serves 4
84 Calories
2g Protein
3g Fiber

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to prepare carrots! I absolutely love all these ingredients...sounds delicious!

You have a wonderful blog
xx,
Tammy

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home