Monday, January 31, 2011

Skillet Tilapia


My cast iron skillet is the most versatile cooking tool I own. Because I have such a small kitchen and no grill, it ends up being used for many different things. A well seasoned skillet ensures heat retention, even heat distribution and a scratch proof non-stick surface. Its easy to clean and maintain and sears meat beautifully. It is also great for broiling fish, especially tilapia, which is inexpensive, quick to prepare, and fully of heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids.

Full recipe after the jump!


Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
Cast Iron Skillet
Olive oil to grease the skillet
1lb tilapia filets
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
seasoning for fish: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley

 Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat broiler to high

2. Place skillet in over while broiler preheats. Skillet should get searing hot

3. Rinse and dry tilapia filets

4. Season with spices

5. Pat filets with a thin layer of bread-crumbs

6. Grease hot skillet with olive oil and place tilapia in skillet

7. Turn broiler to LOW

8. Broil on LOW for 4-6 minutes until bread-crumbs brown and fish is flaky.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home