Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kale Slaw with Thai Peanut Dressing


This is a quick and healthy slaw that incorporates my favorite cruciferous veggie: kale. Combined with cabbage, carrots and a thick peanut dressing, this is a fresh and filling summer salad. Try it for a lighter side at your next cookout or top with some grilled chicken or shrimp for a light dinner.

Read more for the full recipe.

Slaw Ingredients:
4 cups kale, ribs removed, washed and cut into ribbons
1.5 cups red cabbage, shredded
2 medium carrots, shredded or cut into matchsticks
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped

Dressing Ingredients:
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp raw ginger, chopped
1/2 lime, juiced

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Toss kale, cabbage, carrots and cilantro together

2. In a food processor, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and lime juice

3. Toss dressing with salad and serve



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger lynn said...

sounds delicious - i was just thinking that i need to find a good peanut dressing recipe!

 
At July 6, 2011 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Yummy! Your Thai peanut dressing sounds fabulous, can't wait to try this colorful salad myself! :)

 
At July 9, 2011 at 6:29 AM , Anonymous Veronica@mycatholickitchen.com said...

I love this recipe. I buzzed you. Keep them yummy recipes coming my new foodie friend.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

do u know the calorie count? It looks delicious!

 
At December 13, 2011 at 12:10 AM , Anonymous thailand holidays said...

Sounds like a delectable Salad. I love this one as it is a Thai inspired salad.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home