Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Festina Peche, My Favorite Summer Beer


Hey guys, since it's officially summer and the season for cookouts, beach parties and all kinds of fun, I thought I would start a new feature reviewing and discussing drinks of both the alcoholic and non-alcoholic variety.

My first pick is my favorite new beer. Festina Peche, brewed by Dogfish Head, is a Berliner Weisse style beer that is brewed with fresh peaches. This is actually the only domestic Berliner Weisse on the market right now. Traditionally brewed for summertime, fruit or fruit syrup is usually added to cut some of the tartness of the lactic acid bacteria that is used to ferment the yeast.

Generally I don't care for fruity beer, but I loved Festina Peche for three reasons. First, the peach flavor is very subtle and adds a slight sweetness and tang. Second, it has a nice clean taste and a dry, crisp finish. Finally, the style is light and refreshing and will not over power food. It has 4.5% ABV and pairs beautifully with seafood, grilled veggies, salads or light pasta dishes. It is both a sophisticated craft beer and something you can enjoy sitting on your porch.

What's your favorite summer drink? Beer? Cocktail? Lemonade? Let me know in the comments!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home