Thursday, June 23, 2011

Green and Wax Bean Salad


I didn't feel like cooking a big meal last night, so I threw together this delicious and filling salad using some fresh green and wax beans. The blanched beans are tossed with tomatoes, capers, chickpeas and a light lemon vinaigrette. A complete meal filled with protein and fiber, this is a great way to get some veggies and quickly throw together a light dinner.

Read more for the full recipe.

Ingredients:
1 head butter lettuce, washed and chopped
1/3 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
1/3 lb wax beans, washed and trimmed
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 pint cherry tomatoes, washes and halved
4 tbsp capers
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
juice of 1/2 lemon
black pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Blanche beans for 3 minutes and then rinse with cold water
2. In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic and lemon together
3. Toss beans, chickpeas, tomatoes and capers with dressing
4. Top lettuce with mixture
5. Season with black pepper

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home