Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bok Choy Salad with Peanut Dressing


Bok Choy is a nutritional powerhouse. Filled with vitamin C, folic acid, potassium and antioxidants it's a great addition to many dishes. Usually, bok choy is cooked, but I thought the crunchy stalks and spicy leaves would be delicious raw. Mixed in this simple salad, the flavor of the bok choy is enhanced by the peanut dressing. This salad is quick, easy, and unique.

Full recipe after the jump.

Assembly Time: 10-12 minutes


Ingredients:
1 head of bok choy (or 3 babies), washed and chopped
3 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp honey
peanuts, crushed or chopped

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Mix chopped veggies

2. Whisk PB, soy sauce, lime juice and honey together

3. Dress salad and toss thoroughly. This will take a minute because the dressing is thick

4. Serve with crushed peanuts

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home