Monday, March 14, 2011

Honey-Lime Roast Chicken


Roast chicken is a simple and impressive meal that can please a crowd. Instead of traditional lemon, I rubbed this chicken with lime olive oil, honey and cumin and stuffed the cavity with fresh limes. Accented with some onions, this dish is complex and comforting. Roasting time is dependent on the size of the chicken, the general rule is 20 minutes per pound. I used lime infused olive oil to rub the chicken, but you can easily add some fresh lime juice as detailed below.

Full recipe and photos after the jump.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: varies according to size of chicken

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken, 3-5 lbs
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp ground cumin
2 limes, quartered
1 tsp lime juice
2 medium onions, sliced
1 cup dry white wine (I used Pino Grigio)
salt and pepper

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Place chicken in a roasting pan

3. Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey and cumin

4. Place sliced onions around chicken in pan

5. Rub chicken with olive oil mixture, covering all skin, season with salt and pepper

6. Pour wine over onions around the chicken

7. Cover chicken with aluminum foil

8. Roast at 350 for 40-60 minutes, depending on size

9. Remove the foil for the last 20 minutes of roasting to let skin crisp

10. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes

11. Carve and serve with onions

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

Roast chicken is one of my favorites - we have one just about every Sunday! Yours looks perfect! Love the flavors.

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home