These chicken fingers and a delicious and healthy version of the traditional junk food. Crusted with whole wheat bread-crumbs and crushed pecans, these are low in fat and calories and packed with protein. Unlike greasy fried chicken fingers, this recipe is light and crunchy and adds additional protein and fiber. I also season the crumb mix with some garlic and cayenne to give it a bit of kick. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this is a fast and easy dinner option. This recipe makes 4 servings, so it also provides ample leftovers.
Full recipe and photos after the jump.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into slices
1/2 cup whole wheat bread-crumbs
1/2 cup crushed pecans (you can do this by hand or in a food processor)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix bread-crumbs, pecans and spices together
3. Dredge chicken piece in egg, shake off excess
4. Dredge chicken piece in bread-crumb pecan mixture and shake off excess
5. Place chicken on greased baking sheet
6. Repeat with all chicken pieces, adding more crumb mixture if necessary
7. Bake chicken for 10-12 minutes, until crumbs begin to brown
8. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.