Friday, March 11, 2011

Ginger Soy Brussels Sprouts


As you all know, brussels sprouts are my favorite veggie. So I decided to try and create an Asian-inspired recipe that highlights them. Mixing ginger, soy sauce and almonds gives the sprouts a salty, spicy flavor that enhances their natural sweetness.

Full recipe and photos after the jump!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
3 tbsp sliced or slivered almonds
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Mix washed sprouts with soy sauce, oil, ginger and almonds

3. Toss thoroughly

4. Roast for 30 minutes, until sprouts begin to crisp

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home