Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Broiled Pineapple


This is a quick and healthy dessert that can be served in a variety of ways. Broiling pineapple brings out it's incredibly sweet flavor and pairing it with simple vanilla bean ice cream or frozen yogurt makes a tasty treat. I drizzled some honey, but you could use caramel or nuts as well.

Recipe and photos after the jump.

Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 minutes

Ingredients:
1 fresh pineapple, cut and cored, see below
vanilla ice cream
honey

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Twist off the stem of the pineapple

2. Slice off the ends

3. Slice off the skin

4. Cut into thick slices

5. Remove core

6. Place pineapple on a cookie sheet

7. Broil on high for 5-7 minutes, until pineapple begins to brown

8. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of honey

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home