This super fast stir-fry is a weeknight favorite. Only 4 ingredients, its nutritionally complete, filling, and makes for a great leftover lunch the next day.
Full recipe after the jump!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2" chunks
1lb sweet potatoes, skinned and cut into 2" chunks
1/2lb green beans, washed and ends trimmed
1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce (I like Organicville Sesame Teriyaki)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Optional: 1 medium onion, sliced
Optional: crushed almonds
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Sauté chicken in olive oil until cooked through, about 4-6 minutes, Optional: sauté onion with chicken
2. While chicken is cooking, in a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil
3. Add sweet potatoes and boil for 10 minutes, until fork tender. Strain out and set aside
4. In same pot of boiling water, blanche green beans for 3 minutes. Strain and set aside
5. Add cooked sweet potatoes, green beans, and teriyaki sauce to chicken, mix well.
6. Simmer mixture over med-low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Serve. Optional: Top with crushed almonds
Nutrition Info: (makes 3 servings)