Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Speedy Stir-fry



This super fast stir-fry is a weeknight favorite. Only 4 ingredients, its nutritionally complete, filling, and makes for a great leftover lunch the next day.

Full recipe after the jump!




Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes


Ingredients:


1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2" chunks
1lb sweet potatoes, skinned and cut into 2" chunks
1/2lb green beans, washed and ends trimmed
1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce (I like Organicville Sesame Teriyaki)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Optional: 1 medium onion, sliced
Optional: crushed almonds

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Sauté chicken in olive oil until cooked through, about 4-6 minutes, Optional: sauté onion with chicken

2. While chicken is cooking, in a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil

3. Add sweet potatoes and boil for 10 minutes, until fork tender. Strain out and set aside


4. In same pot of boiling water, blanche green beans for 3 minutes. Strain and set aside

5. Add cooked sweet potatoes, green beans, and teriyaki sauce to chicken, mix well.

6. Simmer mixture over med-low heat for 5 minutes.

7. Serve. Optional: Top with crushed almonds


Nutrition Info: (makes 3 servings)
374 Calories
26g Protein
4.25g Fiber

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2011 at 4:01 AM , Blogger Medeja- CranberryJam said...

That's what I love the most- quick, easy and delicious dish :)

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home