Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Links & Award

What a crazy weekend! I had a lovely dinner party on Saturday night featuring some yummy lamb shanks and other dishes. That post will be up by tomorrow. In the meantime, I have some lovely, healthy links for ya!
Wow. I am soooo excited. I just received my first blogger award, courtesy of the lovely Jules at Banana Mondaes. If you are not following her blog, you must do so. She creates amazing recipes inspired by literature. Reading her blog is a delight. As silly as it may sound, getting feedback (and comments) from other bloggers you admire is really wonderful. I appreciate every person who takes the time to stop by my site and check out what I've been working on.
 

Apparently the rules dictate that I list seven random things about myself. Here goes:
  1. I love the Discovery Channel and National Geographic. I watch everything from Shark Week to Dirty Jobs and every single Alaska show in between.
  2. In the summer of 2006 I rented a house on the Jersey Shore. I still haven't quite recovered
  3. I strongly dislike most cheeses and cheese-based dishes. 
  4. I studied German for nine years but have never been to Germany
  5. I swam with both sharks and a pod of wild dolphins in Hawaii
  6.  I am terrified of mice but fascinated by bugs
  7. Last year I hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, camped overnight on the Colorado River, and hiked back up to the top. It is the most challenging and exhilarating thing I have ever done.
Now, here are 15 Bloggers that I am awarding the Versatile Blogger Award to. Some of these folks have already received this award but I love them so much I've giving it again!

 An Italian Cooking in the Midwest
Cooking Healthy for Me
RavieNomNoms
Healthy Foodie Travels
Apple Crumbles
Cosmopolitan Curry Mama
Home Skillet
Kate from Scratch
Griffin's Grub
Three Little Piglets
Sweet and Salty SF
Flour Trader
Yummy Chunklet
Krissy's Creations

Add the award to you blog.
Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
Mention 7 random things about yourself.
List the rules.
Award to 15 bloggers.
Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.

9 Comments:

At February 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

Congrats on the award! I really enjoyed reading more about you :-) I love the Grand Canyon and have hiked part of the way down but would love to do what you did. Bucket list!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

Congratulations on the award and thanks so much for passing it on. :)

I can't watch NG or the DC because if I see any animal killed or hurt, I cry. So emotional!
Can't believe you don't like cheese dishes! The more cheese the merrier.
As for Germany, you really should make a point of going. Heidelberg is beautiful.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award; it's always nice to learn something new about bloggers I like to follow.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Yummy said...

Congrats on the award! Well deserved! Thanks for passing it onto me!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award and it's well deserved - I will happily place it on my pages

 
At February 27, 2012 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Jennifer Kendall said...

Congrats, and well deserved! Thanks for passing the award on to us! We are really big fans of your site, and I'm not just saying that! You're one of our favorites!

 
At February 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for passing me the award! I'm really honored! And congrats on getting it: you totally deserve it! Your recipe are great and I love your writing style!

 
At February 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Daphne Elliot said...

Thanks so much! I am a fan of yours as well. My favorite part of the blogging experience is making so many talented friends.

 
At March 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Sweet and Salty SF said...

Congrats on the award! I love finding out little tidbits about fellow bloggers, and your camping trip sounds amazing! I admire all the delicious cooking you do while holding down a career, and I hope to be at your skill level one day soon! Thanks for passing this award onto us! You made our week! :)

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home