Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One Year Blogoversary and Links!


I can't believe I've been blogging for a whole year now! What started as a random experiment to get me through the long winter has turned into a passion/hobby/second career. In the past year, I've learned about photography, tried dozens of new dishes and ingredients, connected with many wonderful people on the web and tackled multiple holiday meals. It has been quite the cooking/writing/eating adventure!

Best of all, this is not only my blogoversary but my 201st post as well!  You may notice some changes on the site going forward, I have a lot of plans to update and upgrade my website this year. In this endeavor, I will be helped by the lovely Melissa from Fine Lime Designs, who has patiently answered all my crazy questions so far. Check our her site and her food blog!


I wanted to take a minute to reflect back on my first year of blogging and share with you some of my all time favorite recipes and posts. At the end of 2011, I shared my most popular posts, but as any food blogger will tell you, popularity has more to do with the quality of the photo then the quality or taste of the dish. Here are some of my favorite recipes from my first year of blogging that I absolutely love so much. I am going to remake and re-imagine a few of these in the upcoming weeks so keep an eye out!

This is the post that started it all: Quinoa Cakes. 


Some of my favorites from my first year of blogging:


And here are some healthy links!
  1. Wasabi can prevent food poisoning and maybe even stomach cancer! - CNN
  2. Exercise can prevent Alzherimer's! - NYT
  3. Is sitting the new smoking? - HuffPo
  4. Can drinking coffee reduce your risk of diabetes? - WebMD

10 Comments:

At January 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Cheryl and Adam said...

Congratulation on your anniversary and what a cute photo of the cupcake! It's funny how quickly blogging goes form a curiosity driven pass time to nearly obsessive proportions... You've shared some wonderful recipes, especially the Quinoa Cakes and the Honey-Lime Chicken. Yummy!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Cheryl and Adam said...

Congratulation on your anniversary and what a cute photo of the cupcake! It's funny how quickly blogging goes form a curiosity driven pass time to nearly obsessive proportions... You've shared some wonderful recipes, especially the Quinoa Cakes and the Honey-Lime Chicken. Yummy!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Amalia said...

That's such a huge accomplishment, congrats! I love your blog, all your recipes always look amazing, like those quinoa cakes, I could use some of those right now :) Congratulations again, and I can't wait to see what's in store for your blog in the upcoming year!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your first blogging year!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

Congrats on the one year mark. How time does fly when you are blogging. I am sure your second year will be double the fun and more spectacular than the last!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's a great milestone.

 
At January 19, 2012 at 1:44 AM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Congrats my friend. So proud of you. More to come cuz you are a rock star! xx

 
At January 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary! Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I can't wait to see what you make in 2012!

 
At January 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Mama F said...

Congrats on your milestone!! I just started my foodie blog about a month ago after doing a homeschooling blog for the last year and I am loving meeting all the other foodies! Here's to another year of great finds and new friends!

 
At January 24, 2012 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

Thanks for the links and Happy 1st Birthday :D
Your blog is fabulous!!!

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself

 

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home