Monday, October 10, 2011

Radish Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing



This weekend at the farmer's market I picked up a watermelon radish. It is a large, round radish that has a pink center and a green skin. I was so excited by this find, I decided to design a salad around it. This simple salad takes five minutes to throw together and is incredibly crunchy and filling. It's also packed with healthy cruciferous veggies like kale and bok choy and gets it's intense flavor from the radishes themselves and a very simple, light dressing. You can create this with any type of radish, but whatever variety you choose, I recommend slicing as thinly as possible.

Recipe after the jump.





Ingredients:
4 cup kales, washed and cut into 1/2" ribbons
1 large watermelon radish (or regular radish) sliced with a mandolin
1 head baby bok choy, washed and chopped into 1/2" slices
1 large carrot, julienne or sliced with a mandolin

Dressing:
1 tbsp sesame oil
1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp lime juice

Step by Step Instructions:
1. Toss salad ingredients together
2. Whisk dressing ingredients together, pour over salad mixture
3. Toss thoroughly and serve - makes 4 servings

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me. Please let me know if you have questions about any of my recipes or if I forgot a step. Also, is there something you would like me to cook or a recipe to makeover? Let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home